We are pleased to announce that we have released Beacon version 1.2.0 for iPhone and iPad.
HOW TO INSTALL
1) The newest version can be installed by using this link on an iPhone or iPad: apps.apple.com/us/app/beacon/id1424678…
2) If you already have the Beacon app on your device you can update it by launching the App Store on your device.
HIGHLIGHTED APP CHANGES
1) Beacon will now request permission to send you notifications. It's important that you permit this so you can get instant notifications if someone needs to reach you quickly on Beacon. Soon Beacon will notify you right before an accepted Scheduled Call so you’ll never miss a scheduled call ever again.
2) Beacon now allows you to synchronize your contacts using an iPhone or iPad. (Android devices now also have this feature).
3) Private rooms now work on iOS devices. More on this on a later date.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please remember that Apple recently introduced a bug that creates momentary audio stuttering on WebRTC video calls. Apple has acknowledged the bug and promised to release a fix. There's no known workaround.