The Ascension is Near.
Here are the Beacon® MAX and BEAM™ technical specifications
Video resolution: 4K/8K max resolution [limited by capture device]
- Frame rate: [up to 8K@]30 FPS current target for Beacon, [up to 4K@]60 FPS target for BEAM, [up to 1080p@]120 FPS expected in BEAM
- Codecs (in order of usage):
Beacon MAX (enc/dec): VP8, H.264, VP9, HEVC, AV1
BEAM: VP9, HEVC, AV1, VP8, H.264
Target: Scalable video coding with four spatial layers (1- source, 1- medium bandwidth target, 1- low bandwidth target, 1- preview/thumbnail target) and 1 or 2 temporal layers.
- Max [target] encoding bitrate:
Beacon MAX: 24 Mbps for 8K, 12 Mbps for 4K, 6 Mbps for 1080p, 3 Mbps for 720p, 1.5 Mbps for lower
BEAM: 36 Mbps for 8K, 24 Mbps for 4K, 8 Mbps for 1080p, 5 Mbps for 720p, 3 Mbps for lower
- Interpreter™ (Real-time translation engine, running multiple ML models to process speech)
- SAMI™ (Proprietary in-call virtual assistant, wake word detection and running offline speech/command recognition model)
- Binaural Audio (spatial separation of audio based on speaker location on the screen, spatial separation for multi-camera BEAM streams)
- VR Streams (virtual scene with augmented source stream)
- 360° Calls and Streams (requires 360° camera at source)
- Video Enhancement (currently done during post processing with GPU-based filters)
The candidate for advanced/undocumented driver APIs is a desktop client for BEAM and eventually native Beacon MAX application.
Current application is browser-based and limited to GPU codecs/profiles/parameters implemented by web browsers.
- Streaming and non-streaming transfer between devices (US10893087B1, US11330033B2) GRANTED
Application-level algorithm for seamless transfer of calls and live streams (among other media formats, including interactive gameplay)
- Seamless Connect (in active review)
Automatic routing of incoming calls to scheduled calls using universal number and without PIN entry
- Synthetic Moderator (in active review)
Applications of voice AI during conference calls to manage events, participants, provide summaries to late participants, moderate calls and follow meeting agenda, among other features.
- Interpreter (filing)
Technology to produce near-simultaneous computer translation for multi-language live conference calls and phone calls