Today we bring you the latest updates, improvements and fixes to Beacon.
- Active speakers in group calls now have a soft purple glow underneath their videos.
- New interface to add a participant to a call now has an option to create a corresponding contact.
- Call invites can now be removed from the list of upcoming calls by deleting the invite without responding to it.
- Contact viewer has a new button for scheduling a call, which opens a pre-filled scheduling dialog box.
- Number of pending… See More
call invites is now displayed in a badge on the "Scheduled" tab.
- Font size has been increased for chat messages for better legibility on large screens.
- Links sent in chat message are now clickable and are highlighted in light blue color.
- Thumbnails of images sent in chat messages were optimized for faster loading on mobile devices.
- Chat messages with multiple attachment types will now use the most suitable icon in the message preview.
- Profile photo of the most recent message sender is now displayed in chat list.
- Different room types are now grouped under three categories: Favorite, Saved, and Your Rooms.
- Private room details page now shows the list of participants that can enter the room.
- Mousing over participant profile photo of past calls displays their name.
- Copying own invitation from participant dropdown will copy the link to enter the room and not the entire invitation text.
- Release notes feature a compact view on mobile devices, fitting more relevant content on the screen.
- Profile settings page was redesigned and features improved avatar uploading and management.
- Arrow keys can be used in desktop view to switch between contacts with contact viewer open.
- When using mobile devices to join a call, double-tapping can be used to quickly hide the control panel overlays.
- Message reactions from removed chat participants are now correctly displayed in expanded view.
- Adding new chat participants was fixed.
- Videos from participants using Android and iOS devices in portrait mode are now displayed in the correct orientation in Firefox.
- Option to select HD video is now visible in Chrome on macOS.
- Tapping on new message notifications to view the chat now works on all mobile devices.
- Long words in chat messages can now wrap across multiple lines.
- Active chat dialog is visibly highlighted in desktop view.
- Room, call, and contact viewers will now auto-close if the corresponding room, call, or contact are deleted from another device.
- Filenames with all-uppercase names are now correctly handled when selecting an icon for file preview in chat messages.
- Opening and closing animation of the new message reactions panel were restored.