Update Music Player Quick guide to help all new UX members
Quick guide for Music Player (Social Media Player)
When you search for a title or artist or both, Music Player shows you what it finds on Soundcloud. When you play it, it is streamed from Soundcloud. You cannot add tracks from your PC.
Click on ♫ icon left top
There are FOUR ways to add music to your Player.
1. Do a search, and from the result click on the + sign to add the track you want to (your) Music tab.
2. Make your own playlist that you can share. Do a search and drag the track to the Playlists tab and (first time) drop it in the space where it says "Drop here to create new playlist". Then give that playlist a name. You can drag & drop subsequent tracks into that playlist. Or create a second playlist, etc.
3. Add playlists from other tribers by subscribing to their playlists.
When someone has posted a playlist, you see a 'plus sign' on the right next to the shuffle sign. When you click the plus sign, that playlist will appear in your playlists tab. You can unsub, by clicking on the minus sign on the playlist image. By hovering the mouse on the playlist image you'll see who owns it. Take care not to delete your own playlists accidentally!!
4. Import a playlist from Soundcloud. First copy a Soundcloud playlist URL And than go to "Add Soundcloud Playlist" and paste that URL to get the list in your playlists tab. You can also paste that URL directly into a status update or comment.
You can edit a playlist by clicking on the Playlists tab, and then click on the pen icon on the playlist image to get to "edit mode".
1. In edit mode you can change the name of the playlist.
2. In edit mode you can also drag tracks to change the order.
3. In edit mode you can delete tracks by clicking the minus sign next to each track.
Adding music to status updates or comments
You can simply drag a playlist or separate tracks to your open status update. There is a limit of 5 items per post.
To delete a playlist click on the minus sign on the playlist image (Playlists tab).
To unsub a playlist click on the minus sign on the playlist image (Playlists tab).
Every post with a playlist attached to it is automatically added to the tag playlist.
A playlist that has a subscription will remain available for subscribers even if the owner deletes it.
The created playlists are kept indefinitely for each owner. Until account deletion.
People who do _not_ have UX or LUX can't listen to playlists, but they can listen to individual tracks, in the form of a clickable URL to the soundcloud address of that track.
You can't change the order of playlists in your playlist tab. The order is chronological with the most recent addition on top.
#mpquickguide #music #musicplayer